Tuesday 5 June 2012

OS - Power of Love - Part 1


Part 1


The morning was usual for everyone but was not usual for two of them ………

He saw her for the last time sleeping and kept an envelope with a letter on the side and went away………. He had tears in his eyes………


What is this happening yaar….. I don’t understand why is he doing all this…… said Pia……

You know it very well Pia why is this all happening….. He wants her to be happy…….. said Abhay……..


Abhay and Pia are the elder most in the family….. They are Bhai and Bhabhi of Maan…….. The Maan Singh Khurana a famous business tycoon……… Abhay is elder brother of Maan who is a doctor by his profession……….. and Pia his wife and sweet, lovely Bhabhi of Maan….. Maan parents died at a when Maan and Abhay were very small…… They worked hard and Abhay became doctor and had a love marriage with Pia and Maan got involved in his family business……….


It was as early as 5.00 in the morning……… They saw Maan coming down………


Pia went to him: Maan why are you doing this…….. You love her so much………


Maan: Bhahi that is the reason I am doing this……….. I cannot see her in pain………. I think she will be happy after this……….. and I want her to be happy whole life……….


Pia: And What about your happiness…… you love her like crazy……….


Abhay: Maan……


Maan: Bhai  please………

Abhay: Ok Maan….. do what you feel is right……..


Pia (angrily): Abhay instead of making him understand you are supporting with your decision……


Abhay and Maan: Pia, Bhai, calm down….. otherwise Geet will wake up……


Pia: Do whatever you want to do……….


Abhay: Pia…… try to understand dear………


Maan: Please Bhabhi……… you want her to be happy right……….


Pia: But you love her……..


Maan: Yes I do……. I don’t know how much……….. I can still remember the day I saw her and fall in love with her………


Flashback


Geet Geet……… kya kar rahi hai…….. why don’t you get ready now…… Rano was screaming at her top of the voice……….


Geet: Mom had told you before also that I am not doing anything like this………. I hate this………..


Geet a very innocent and a beautiful little girl in her 20’s was telling her mom…… She was very quiet and just hated to get married…….. She was not the one who was like this before…….. She was bubbly, fun loving and was always loved people around…….. She was also like other girl who had their dreams in their mind…….. But an incident with her cousin sister more of her friend just shattered all her dreams…….. She started hating everything……. She wanted to run away from there………..

Rano: Geet today no one is going to listen to you understood and if Darji comes to know that you are still not ready then you know that what he is capable to do…………..


Geet: Mom….. You know very well that I wont able to love any one as all men are the same………


Rano: Listen Geet whatever happen with Meera was just an accident and………


Geet: You must be believing that it must be an accident but I know how much she has suffered………


Darji: Rano……… the boys family has come……… Bring Geet down fast……..


Rano: Geet jaldi se ready ho ja………


Geet: Mom I told you……….


Rano: Enough Geet….. tujhe meri kasam hai……..


Geet gets ready and Rano brings her down….. Maan, Abhay and Pia were sitting there…….. Darji’s family and Maan’s family were family friends and Maan’s Dadaji and Darji had made a promise that Geet will become daughter in law of their house and wife of Maan…… While dying Maan’s parents and taken promise from Abhay that Maan will fulfil their grandfather promise………


Geet was coming down and Maan was just stuck in the angelic beauty of the girl who was descending downstairs….. Pia noticed it


Pia (whispers): Maan sab log dekh rahe hai………


Maan gets shy and immediately looks down……….


Geet was made to sit opposite to Maan….. Pia and Abhay asked her some question but Maan was just lost in her………


Darji: Now that everything is done let us decide the marriage date also……..   


Maan looked at Abhay and Pia…….. Both understood what he wanted to say………


Abhay: Darji if you don’t mind it will be great that Maan and Geet both talk to them……….


Darji was little angry but understanding the situation Geet’s brother Brij told Darji that let them talk……….


Darji: Ok……..


Geet (self talk): This is a great opportunity to tell him that he refuses with this marriage……


Rano: Geet why don’t you take Maan to your room……..

Geet was just lost in her thought……… when Rano again called: Geet…..


Darji: Geeettt…… Geet came to her senses and saw Darji angrily looking at her……..

Rano: Geet take Maan to your room……..


As soon as Maan and Geet entered the room…….. Geet immediately said


Geet: I don’t want to get married….. aap mana kar dijiye……..


Maan was confused with her sudden denial……….


Maan: Why???


Geet: Because I don’t want to get married………..


Maan: Do you love someone………


Geet (angrily): No…… I don’t believe in love…… I don’t think that there is anything like love in this world………


Maan: How do you know that there is nothing like love…… when you don’t love anyone………..


Geet: I told you, you will go and tell that you don’t want to get marry with me…..


Maan (with a smirk smile): If you want you can go and tell because I like you and I am not going to say anything………


Geet: I will run away……


Before Maan could say anything Rano comes with Pia to Geet’s room……


Rano: Everyone is waiting for you both come……..


Rano takes Geet…….. Pia ask Maan……..


Pia: So Maan…… what is the answer……


Maan just smiles………. Pia: Hai hai mere Devar ko sharmana bhi ata hai……..


They go down…… Darji finally ask: So Maan beta what do you feel……


Pia tells something in Abhay’s ears……..


Abhay: Maan ko to Geet pasand hai……… Kyu Maan……


Maan smiles and self talk: I just love her……..


Pia could hear what he said: Maan control….. Love at First Sight ha….. Don’t worry we also like her…..  


Maan: ask Geet also………


Darji and Brij: No need she will do what we will say……


Geet just look at them…….. After Maan and his family left……. Geet told them that she does not want to marry anyone…… She does not believe in marriage and love…….. She will run away from there……… Rano gave her kasam and forced her to get married telling that Maan is a nice guy and will take care of her…… When Geet tried to run away from the house but was caught by Brij and was locked in her room till the marriage……


On the other side Maan was just lost in her…… He started just feeling her everywhere……..  He just wanted to love her and be with her…… He had become mad after her……… Morning, Evening he was just thinking about her….. He went to her to take her out but she always refused giving her some or the other reason…… He was getting confused with her behavior………..  He always kept on thinking why is he behaving with her that way…… was she being forced in the marriage and Geet’s family would say that she is shy of going out……..


The marriage finally took place…….. It was their first night………..




Geet was standing near the window and Maan had entered the room…. He was very happy that he got married to the person whom he loved like any thing but least he knew that this happiness was not going to last for much……..


Maan went near Geet and touch her shoulder from back with his hand…. Geet just jerked it with sudden force…………. Maan was stunned to see her reaction………. Geet just turned………


Geet: Are you happy marrying me now………. I know what you want from me…….. I am ready to give it……..


Maan was all confused with what she was trying to say………


Maan: Geet what are you saying……….


Geet: Don’t try to be so innocent Mr. Khurana…… I know what all boys want………


Maan understood her meaning and said: Geet tum galat samaj rahi ho……


Geet: Mai sab sahi samaj rahi hu……….. If that is not the reason then why did you got married to me…….. ha bolo na…… When I had clearly told you that you say no for the marriage……… Because of you I am forced to get marry to you……….


Maan who was listening quietly got angry and told: I had told you if you want you could have said no………. Then why did you agree to it……….I always thought that you are getting married to me with your own wish…… And by the way I never forced you to do anything or will I ever force for any thing……..

Maan left from there and went to washroom to change but not before telling Geet……


Maan: You can sleep on the bed and I will sleep on the couch…….. I cannot go out as there are many people outside…… But don’t worry from tomorrow I will shift to guest room and yes don’t worry Bhai and Bhabhi will also not say anything to you………. You can lead your own independent life………


He left for there and by that time Geet also changed into her night dress….. Maan actually had tears in his eyes……… Because he truly loved her……..


After that day Maan always slept in the guest room unknown to Abhay and Pia……..  But Maan would do the entire thing as his duty as her husband………. Geet would always avoid him…….. The effect of the hatred was so much in her mind that she forgot to see the love that Maan had for her………..

It was almost 6 months of their marriage………

Once Abhay was thirsty so he went to drink water and saw the light of guest room on……….


Abhay(self talk): How come the light of guest room is on at this hour….. Let me check it……..


When he entered he was shocked to see Maan there lost in his world and tears in his eyes……….


Abhay: Maan……


Maan quickly wiped his tears and said: Bhai….. aap yaha………


Abhay: That is what I am suppose to ask……….. what are you doing here……..


Maan did not know what to say…. He just said: Nothing Bhai….. I just came here to see something………. I was not able to find that………


Abhay: With your blankets you were searching something…… Maan….. if you cannot lie you should not try to……..


Maan: no bhai seriously………. Ha you wanted something……..


Abhay thought for a while and said: Maan  was thinking that it is being 6 months of your marriage and you and Geet had not gone anywhere out so me and Pia was planning to send you both to Swizerland…….


Maan (instantly): No…….. I mean I have some business meeting held up……..


Abhay: Maan tell me the truth…….. what is the problem which is going on between you and Geet…. I have been noticing this not from today but from the day you both got married…… I thought every thing will fine but it is going worst……… Baat kya hai Maan……….


Maan just broke down: Bhai she hates me………



Abhay: what are you saying Maan………….


Maan got lost in the thought…….. It was a morning incident……….


Maan had come to their room to collect some file which he had kept in the drawer and Geet had just came out of the bathroom…… Maan saw and just got lost in the freshness of her beauty…….. He just walked towards her…….. Geet was not aware of first but then when she saw Maan saw walking towards her……..  Geet was standing near the dressing table…….. Maan walked towards her……..


Maan was about to say anything but before that………


Geet: you were aware that I was here………..


Maan: What??? I came here to take my file from that drawer………..


Geet: I very well know your intension………


Maan jerked her through her shoulder: What do you think Geet??? Tum apne aap ko samjti kya ho………. Ha……… Have you ever seen me crossing the limit………. Then why always you say such harsh words to me……… If I wanted to hurt you or wanted something from you I would have forced you on our 1st night itself……… samaji tum……….. I love you damit…….. I really love you…..

He just pushed her………

And then he saw she had her bags ready………


Geet: I want to be free from everything ……… I want to go away from here………..


Maan: you will be…………..


Maan just went away………….


Abhay again brought him to reality………


Maan: Ha Bhai……… She hates me and wants to go away from here….. So I am decided to free her………..


Abhay: what have you decided……


Maan: that you will know tomorrow morning…………..


Abhay: Maan tum kya karne wale ho………


Maan: Don’t worry Bhai it will be for her happiness only…….. you also go and sleep otherwise Bhabhi will get worried……….

Pia who was listening said: Itna sab kuch apne dil me chupake rakha tumne……….


Maan: Bhabhi………..


Pia: Why did you tell us anything…… I will talk to Geet….. I am sure she will listen to me………


Maan stopped her from going and told them to rest……. Reluctantly they left…….. Maan was all alone thinking that everything will change tomorrow……… You will happy which will make me happy……


Flashback ends


Maan had a smile………. Pia and Abhay saw that but they had tears in their eyes……….

Maan: I will go now mere flight ka time ho gaya hai……… I think by the time I will come everything will be fine now………


On the other hand Geet just woke up with a new hope today……


When she turned she saw a red rose with an envelope on her side table….


She opened an envelope and was stunned….. It was a Divorce papers…. And a letter saying….. You are free from everything…….. You don’t have to run away from anything now…………..



Part II to be followed


PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS

No comments: